No doubt since the rise of technology, billions of lifestyles, countless processes and a huge number of businesses have been touched and improved with it. Technology has not only made things easier but has taken life to another level of excellence. Medical, school, household, businesses etc., you name it and there’s nothing that technology hasn’t affected in better way.
Our concerning matter is Agriculture. And technology has helped a lot in improving things around if we talk about it too. In fact, there is an endless list of processes that have been improved through technology.
The way technology has evolved agriculture, it is surely worth having a look at. So below I have mentioned 6 ways in which technology has improved agriculture:
Having a good financial back up is a big factor that involves in the betterment of agriculture. Lack of it takes a big toll on everything that follows ahead. The latest financial methods, accounts, banking,and payroll software have simplified things a lot and it is possible to keep a proper record of financial matters.The simplifying and streamlining of book work, better budgeting, improved reporting capabilities. Not only that, loan and debts have made it easier for farmers to support the growth of their crops and pay back later when they get paid. So overall, not only farmers have a great benefit from it but also the government party and other businesses that deal with agriculture directly for raw material. Financial processes take less time and create fewer headaches for many.
- Farm management:
Back then only a few people were involved in taking care of the livestock. Which caused mismanagement as well as the spread of unknown diseases among the whole lot. Loss of livestock either due to death or improper management.
But now proper management of livestock through technology has improved things to the next level. Management of livestock numbers provides producers with many advantages. Some include monitoring livestock movements, trading, reporting, forward planning,and feeding programs. New technology and applications streamline this process. It allows producers to track their livestock. As well as create reports that assist in tracking their effectiveness and cost. Additionally, Using technology, the lifetime tractability of livestock is now more effective than ever.Having lifetime tractability is important for various reasons including, Disease Response, market access,reputation,identification.
- Vehicle operation tracking and GPS:
There are numerous applications of High-precision GPS tracker for vehicles in precision agriculture such as in farm planning, field mapping, tractor guidance, crop surveillance,and yield mapping. Farmers can manage land, water, seed stock, fertilizer and pesticide use, labor and livestock.
Global Positioning System can be used in the following ways by farmers:
- Tractor Guidance: Farmers can put their agriculture machinery such tractors, harvesters, and cultivators on auto-pilot. Advanced machinery can be programmed to follow a set route or guide with the help of Vehicle GPS Tracking System. Machines can be programmed and timed for major farming tasks like cultivating, fertilizing, harvesting and spraying of pesticides.
- Crop Surveillance: Micromanaging and surveying of crop fields becomes a piece of cake with High-precision positioning GPS Systems. Pest, insect and weed infestations can be easily mapped and pinpointed. Aircraft sprayers and crop dusters can be easily guided over fields with the help of a Vehicle GPS Tracking Devices. This minimizes excessive usage of chemicals and chemical drift.
- Tracking Livestock: Livestock, cattle or pets can be easily monitored on a large farm. Collars worn by the animals which are fitted with GPS Trackers can easily track them on a real-time basis. These hassle-free collars are comfortable to wear and provide real-time tracking data to farmers.
- Yield Monitoring: GPS makes tracking of yield variations possible by collecting timely geospatial information. It allows farmers to precisely navigate and position specific locations in the field where the probability of a better yield is higher. This facilitates future management decisions and input recommendations.
- Digital marketing monitoring:
Technology has transformed the waymarketing is done, allowing small businesses to scale marketing operations and rival those of large corporations. This means that agribusiness has unprecedented power to the efforts in marketing to farmers. Farmer no longer needs a large team to run a scaled marketing operation. And not even a massive budget – most of the tools farmers can get free or a very low price. And the return on investment gained is going to make every penny spent worth it.
New software allows users to track their online activity, to manage the website and social media campaign activity. Facebook has developed their technology so that reporting is easy and free. Which is useful for many users who what to know who is watching and when.
- Work, health, safety,and human resource:
Work, health, safety,and human resource management is as important in agriculture as it is in other businesses. You might have seen a huge role of HR in any company you step in. in fact, no business can properly run with the absence of HR. And the introduction of HR in agriculture has caused much positivity and improvement in so many things. Managing WHS and HR can take a significant amount of time, stress and energy. It has helped to educate farmers regarding many important matters. Following things can be done through HR: Inductions, policies and procedures, form templates, Stress-free hazard and incident reporting, Plant and equipment registers, SDS registers etc.
- Remote monitoring and the use of drones:
The eye of monitor and drones can reach where you physically can’t. Of course, it’s not possible to take care of thousands of acres for a limited number of people and to make sure that thongs are running normal and just fine. Crop health monitoring, site/ paddock surveying, stock feed bunk monitoring,water point checking can be done through the drones and RM.
No matter how small or large an agriculture business is. Technology has touched the agribusiness in many ways. To have a good growing agriculture business it is very important to be acquainted with the technology that is offered today.